Since February 2007, selected submissions and promos have been briefly noted in weekly posts, in the Recent arrivals category. Since February 2008, we’ve started to include photographs too. This is one way of taking advantage of the blogger feature of WordPress.
A few notes about this category…
- Jottings written in recent arrivals are not proper reviews. They are simply notes, quite often written in a jocular style, acknowledging receipt of a new CD which looks to me like it might be interesting. I simply wish to jot down a few observations to let you all know it exists. These chatty remarks may be bolstered with a few visual cues I’ve picked up from scanning the artworks.
- Reviews published in the magazine are of course somewhat more – erm – substantial. The chatty recent arrivals reviews are not recycled; new reviews will be written. However, an appearance in Recent arrivals doesn’t always guarantee publication in the next issue.
- Another good thing about working this way is I can include a link from this site to the artiste’s website, or that of the record label, or some other related resource that may be relevant.
- Also, it’s a way of trying to keep on top of the numerous new releases and works of genius that the magazine is sent on a regular basis. The mag comes out about once a year, but these posts are weekly. Which isn’t to say I want The Sound Projector to be an online magazine.
- If your work has been noted in Recent arrivals, please feel free to copy text and use it in your own publicity (if you feel it’s worth doing so). Please credit Ed Pinsent as the author. It would be nice if you linked back to thesoundprojector.com.
Ed Pinsent (Editor)